ultra vac

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by odin, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Is there going to be a three bag ultra vac for the 48 inch lazer z hp?also can a two bagger system be converted to a three bagger?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

odinoo:

Thanks for contacting Exmark Manufacturing with your post. To my knowledge, there is no three-bushel bagger for your 48" LHP in the works. Do you have an UltraVac for your LHP?

You could purchase a three-bushel bagger and try to retrofit it to your LHP, but that would create all kinds of headaches. You would run into problems in the following areas:

-Balance
    -Width of the bagger
    -Belt alignment
    -Tube diameter

If you're really ambitious and have a lot of time on your hands (and possibly a machine shop), you might be able to make this work. I'm not going to tell you that you can't, but I KNOW that I wouldn't take on this project. If you have any other questions, just reply to this post.

Hope this helps,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Would these problems still happen if the 3 bagger was used on a 27HP 52" Lazer Z?

4. eXmark

DD,

I believe the only problem you would have is the tube length from the blower to the hopper and the hopper would be awfully wide in comparison to the deck. With the hopper being that wide youÂ’ll probably be bumping into everything you try to trim near.

Thanks

Terry

5. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Can you put plastic garbage bags on the Ultra Vac to collect clippings?

6. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Is 1500 a good price for the 2 bagger?

7. eXmark

DD,

Yes, that is a fair price for the 2 bag unit on the 52" LZ and yes you can use plastic bags. The plastic bags however will not hold as much grass as the UV bags because the plastic traps too much air in comparison.

Thanks

Terry

8. DieselDeere

from Midwest

How do you tell when the UV is full when using plastic bags?
    How do you empty the standard UV bags?