Ultra Vac ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott's turf, Apr 21, 2003.

1. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Just purchased an Ultra Vac for my laser hp 52" and we love it so far for clean-ups. One problem that we are having with it though is that the tubes keep falling apart from each other. Ar they supposed to be attached with a piece of hardware or is it just a slip fit. The problem seems to occur when we empty the hoppers and close it back up again. Thanks for your help.

-Scott

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The tubes are supposed to be bolted together.

Get out your manual. It describes this installation procedure in it. You can pretty much do it just by lining up the casting marks in the plastic tubes. Drill and insert 2 small panhead bolts with nyloc nuts.

Or just take it back to the dealer and tell them they forgot to finish putting it together for ya!

3. scott's turf

from NH

Yes, I did notice that there were holes in the tube. They must have forgotten to install them when they put it on.

4. Lawnboy5

Lawnboy5 LawnSite Member

just put two bolts in it and it will be fine. You are going to love it I have it on two of mine.

5. lablandscaping

lablandscaping LawnSite Member

How well does it work picking up good 'ol wet NH leaves? I've got to find a better way that hand raking them. Especially with all that sand that the plows left behind! Any suggestions?

6. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

lablandscapeing

Ultra vac does great on wet leaves ,ill pick up leaves in the rain when they would be soaking wet and have very few plug ups.

7. scott's turf

from NH

I have used it on a dozen or so clean-ups and it has worked wonderfully. Although it does seem to get a little dusty. I have used it to pick up the debris from running a wb dethatcher and that has saved my lots of time! We only took out the rakes a couple times to pick up some acorns and a few areas with lots of twigs. I pretty much only plan on using it for clean-ups since I only bag a small handfull of lawns.