Ultra-Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wildbilly1113, Oct 17, 2003.

1. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Hey, guyes. I need your opinion. I have a sixty and a seventy-two inch lazer and want to get an ultra vac. Qds for one of them. I plan on mulching with one and bagging with the other. Should I get the ultra vac for the sixty or the seventy -two. Also, I think the seventy-two inch doesnt need a weight kit, but the sixty inch does. Is the weight kit included in the ultra vac for the sixty and is the weight kit nessacery for the sixty. Just for bagging mulched leaves. Thank you

2. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

We have 2, 72 in LC 27hp Lazers. One with the UV and one with the mulcher set up. I'd put the UV on the 60 in. The weight kits come with the UV. Yes, the 72 in does need the weights.

3. wildbilly1113

Thanks LeoS818, I think I will get the UV for the 60 in. Are weights optional for the 60 in. UV and are they nessecary when bagging leaves? I think I will get the QDS.THANKS

4. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

I dont know about the weights on a 60. Im sure your dealer will set it up the way it should be.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on the mower.

Leo and I have the LC Lazers.

The 60" LC came with 3 - 40lb plate weights (120lbs) between the front casters. THis to offset the LC engine. Turns out they really don't need this weight, at least not all of it. My UV kit came with weight bars for under the foot plate (in the front where it says LAZER Z.) Don't know if all come like that, or just the UV's designed for the LC engines.

I''ve used my UV without the UV caster weights, and was fine on flat lawns, but with a full hopper, regardless of leaves or grass, the front does get a bit light. They take 2 minutes to put on, so its no biggie!

Good part about NOT having them on.....When you find yourself PLOWING a big pile of leaves, just slow down a hair and then accelerate a bit and she'll pop-a-wheelie ! Swallowing your pile WHOLE!!!!

6. wildbilly1113

Cool, My lazers are LC too and I am going to try the wheelie thing to swallow a large pile! Sounds like a load of FUN! Thanks guys!

7. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

The wheelies are fun. But be careful what your draggin the bottom of your bags on. I see ours are startin to wear through.