1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ultra Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Premo Services, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using the ultra vac for 2 weeks, mand I have to say it is a bit pricey but worth the money,besides what in comm. equipt. doesn`t cost a lot. It is easy to empty the bags, and if you cut first it really mulches the leaves & don`t fill as quick. The jobs are looking good and and getting done a lot quicker & I am not as tired as when I did with WB. The vac has been a wise decision.
  2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

Good to hear. I am going to buy an Ultra Vac in the spring and have heard a lot of good things about it on this websight. Can't wait.
  3. Rodg

Rodg LawnSite Member

Good to hear you like the ultra vac. I am looking at getting one -long with a 52". I must say I have been spoiled by the walker I already own, but we will have to see how this machine stands up to it side by side!
  4. Tomslawncare1

Tomslawncare1 LawnSite Member

I'm looking to buy a Lazer w/ a 27 hp liquid cooled and 60 " deck. I probably won't do the Ultra Vac until next fall though. Glad to hear you like it so well. How much di you pay. Is it easy to connect and disconnect?
  5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

It is very easy to take of & put on machine takes about 3 minutes to do. I was kind of skeptical of their claims about easy on and off.for the hp series about 1200.00 but larger one will cost more doe, and they will probally be higher by next fall, I checked them out, bought it 3 weeks later and it went up about 40.00.
  6. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I seen one at the GIE show at the Exmark booth. I think I heard them say at the Toro booth they would have one as well soon, or maybe I read that here in some post.

Anyway, it looked like a nice little setup, except the size. I understand that it is easy to dump by pulling out the bags. But, those of you using them, do they fill up really fast?

I think I am like most, never bag grass anymore, only need a bagger vac for spring or fall leaves. If I would have to mow over the leaves once to mulch them up before I bag them and it fills up fast, then production would be knocked way down.

Don't you wish it was bigger?

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I had a similar setup on my old JD 318 50" . It only had two bags but between the blades chopping it up and the impeller (plastic on the JD's) chopping further, it was reduced to pretty small particles. Now this was befor double blades and Gators and was on a very slow blade tip speed deck and with a plastic impeller. BTW my Dad still uses this machine every week and just this weekend replaced the bearings in the impeller. You could always modify the Ultra-Vac and add a trailer and a flex hose and let it fill up the trailer, but there goes your maneuverability.

8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had an ultra vac on my 52 laser all fall. I love it and it makes clean ups a snap. I don't like the fact that it takes up a lot of space on the trailer. I also don't like the belt, everytime you take it off it comes of the pulley inside the vac. Other than that I really like it. It doesn't get filled up to fast. If you are cutting grass it packs it in too the point you can't lift the bags. Leaves get chopped up and packed in tight too. YOu have to make sure not to over fill it or it clogs and you have to take more time to un clog it. Make sure the deck is not spinning when you reach in!! Someone said there employee reached in and lost a finger. ouch!!
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I left my 36" exmark wb with the mulching kit on it. In very large amount of leaves I run it over the top first and then use the HP to pick them up.

Ex: Last week did a front yard that had a tremendous amount of leaves. I did it that way and it took me 25 min. and when I picked the leaves up I only had to empty when I was finished. Entire job front and back took about 1 hr. and 4 trash bags.
  10. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

65 Hoss.....Cutter1...Mow Money...Guys e-mail me your phone number I would like to give you a call and talk about the ultra vac.THANKS JOHN