UltraCut deck vs. TriVantage deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jason2, Feb 19, 2001.

1. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what the differences between your new UltraCut deck and the old TriVantage deck are? I own a '99 Lazer Z with a 52" TriVantage deck and am pleased with it.

Just want to know what improvements if any you have made with this new deck.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jason 2,

Thanks for your question. In regards to the differences between your TriVantage Deck and the UltraCut Deck design.

The short version is that our UltraCut Decks are

- 5 1/2 inches deep while the older 52" decks were 5". There is always a point of diminishing returns, but the deeper deck design has gotten great marks for an even better quality of cut.

- We've beefed the deck up. UltraCut decks have a 7-guage side skirt. 10-guage top, 10-gauge top reinforcement plate and 7-gauge reinforcement rings where spindle assemblies attach to the deck.

- We have added a trim-side wear guard on the trim side of the deck.

- Anti-Scalp rollers now have nickel plated bushings for improved reliability

These features in combination with our powerful mule drive system and patented flow-control baffles will enhance the quality of cut you are used to as well as give you even better durability!!!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, you say that that is the short version.......Would you mind explaining the other differences as well? I like to learn as much as I can about all the eXmark models.
  4. eXmark

Vibe Ray,

I have a pretty informative brochure that is specific to our UltraCut Decks. Please send my your address and I will mail it to you.

5. Vibe Ray

Hey Exmark, could you please send that "Ultracut" brochure to:

Vibe Ray
    P. O. Box 0665
    Slidell, LA 70459

I would really appreciate it!!! And don't hesitate to send me any other eXmark related "stuff"
  6. eXmark

On its way!
  7. Jim Corcoran

Jim Corcoran LawnSite Member

I would be interested in any info also. Here's my address
    Corcoran Lawn Care
    202 S.West Ave.
  8. Vibe Ray

Wanted to say thanks. I received the brochure a few days ago, but it didn't really say all the differences between the UltraCut and the Trivantage deck. What other differences are there besides the one you already mentioned here?

- 1/2" deeper deck
    - Beefed up deck
    - Trim-side wear guard
    - Nickel plated bushings for anti-scalp rollers

By the way are y'all ever going to make UltraCut decks for the smaller riders? And these "nickel plated bushings", should I look into putting them on my 44 HP deck?

Once again thanks!
  9. eXmark

Vibe Ray,

I will answer your specific questions first...

On the nickel plated bushings. Use what you got until they are worn. When you replace them, your new parts will come nickel plated.

In regards to working the UltraCut technology into the LHP's and other products. We have received very hi-marks for the quality of cut our UltraCut decks (We have for the TriVantage as well) We think there is an opportunity to carry forward this proven system to other Exmark products. Cannot get into which ones and when at this time. We usually bring lots of new stuff to Louisville but do not really promote and advertise new stuff until November. Stay tuned!!

I've run out of stuff to talk about on the deck differences. This gets time tough via e-mail, if you need more info still, I suggest you call someone at Exmark more technical than myself....sorry. You can try 800-667-5296 and ask for Fred.....he is a cutting deck wizard!

John Cloutier