UltraVac QDS help please

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kentuckynet, May 3, 2007.

1. kentuckynet

kentuckynet LawnSite Member

Hello i have a lot to mow and some of the places i mow the grass is very tall...will the QDS that you dump from the seat do a good job with grass?
    I know they work well with leaves but what about "grass"?

Are they very hard to disconnect if you didnt want it to catch the grass?

Also does anyone know of a place where you can buy one at a cheaper than retail price?

My mower is the Xmark Lazr Z 60" with the 31hp

Thanks for your input.

2. kentuckynet

Nobody does it better????
    Can anyone help with my question?
    thanks

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

The tallest grass I have cut with mine is bahai which is tall but not that thick and it did a good job with no clogging. The only time that I ever clogged it was deep wet leaves. It takes less than a minute to install/uninstall it, very simple. As far as the aftermarkets, the exmark one is second to none! BTW, have you checked our marketplace, there are some on here sometimes as well as ebay.

4. kentuckynet

What do you mean aftermarket?
    Also what do you mean about checking your market place?

Thanks

5. QualityLawnCare4u

We have a place on lawnsite called "members only, free" where all kinds of equipment and accessories are listed. There are several aftermarket ones I see listed on ebay, like protero, peco, and several others. Don't know about them but I do know what works. Here is an example http://cgi.ebay.com/Lawn-Vac-Bagger...3QQihZ018QQcategoryZ22655QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem As far as finding one cheaper than retail I would keep an eye on our market place and ebay, I see them on there quite often. Give me a minute and I'll see what I can dig up.

6. QualityLawnCare4u