UltraVac QDS

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Envy Lawn Service, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I asked a dealer about this system. He told me that as far as he knew it was a no-go. He claimed it was originally a Toro design and that there had been service problems.

Could someone clairify this for me? Is this the case or not?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Envy,

Was this an Exmark dealer? If so was also taking to people that only he could see?

The UltraVac was designed by Exmark, tested by Exmark, sold by Exmark etc.

As far as service issues the machine has been solid. We did have a belt issue on the first production run for the Lazer HP but that was a couple of years ago. I guess your dealer must know something that we don't. If so please have him give me a call at 402-223-6358 and I'll be sure to pass his feedback on to the engineering staff.

Thanks

Terry

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hummmm?????

Do you think it's possible he's talking about something older? It seems like he mentioned something about the shaft assembly on the blower portion being the part to give trouble. It seems like he said it was ran for the rear somehow instead of by a stack pulley on the deck.

Heck I can't remember exactly. I've slept since then. Is there anything to what I said that rings a bell??? Isn't the QDS fairly new?

4. eXmark

Envy,

I don't have a clue what he might be talking about. We've only offered one vac system for the Lazer Z or Lazer HP. Your dealer may be referencing an aftermarket bagger of some type. At one time there were at least 4 different suppliers for bagging systems that would fit the Lazer Z. None of them performed to our satisfaction or in most cases, our customers satisfaction.

The QDS was really new, your not supposed to know about that just yet. That is one of the new products that we will be showing at GIE later this month.

Thanks

Terry

5. LKNServices

LKNServices LawnSite Member

That dealer probably has an Ultravac to sell. Me and envy must have the same dealer, cause I heard the same story. I actually wrote a check for the old style ultravac, then I got a flyer in the mail the same day showing the QDS. I went back and cancelled.

6. Yard

Yard LawnSite Member

My local dealer said the new vac can be ordered, but he didn't have any literature on it yet. When can we officialy see it? I know it is a dumping stlye but can you give us any other info?
    Thanks

7. eXmark

Yard,

The 2003 literature, which contains the QDS, won't arrive here until after the GIE show. The website will be updated with the 2003 models a couple of weeks after that.

I went out and looked at one of the models they were shipping to the show last week. It's a unique approach to a dump from the seat option than you've probably seen before.

I'll check with the marketing department and find out if they have some photos we can post after GIE but before the website is upgraded.

Thanks

Terry

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Even the picture that came on the postcard I recieved a few weeks ago is a good one.

9. LKNServices

LKNServices LawnSite Member

Do you have a clue as to when this unit will be available. My dealer has told me that someone from his distributor told him that the QDS will not be available until spring (Now, of course this same dealer has an Ultra-Vac left over that he is still pushing on me). If that's so, could you please let me know. I need a dump from the seat model soon. I really want the eXmark, but if not soon, I guess I'll have to go with the Peco.
    Thanks, Mark

10. eXmark

LNK,

I did some checking and we are shipping the new QDS bagging units as fast as we can build them. Most of these are for 60" units with a few for the 72" deck.

Some of the dealers knew what was coming and did a good job of selling them before the QDS was available. Consequently in some cases due to the limited quantity and the number of units that were pre-sold most dealers will need a firm order before the distributor can ship them a unit so he’s probably right. The QDS probably isn’t available to him to stock at this time and probably won’t be for a couple of months until he either has a firm order or supply catches up with the pre-sold orders. Unfortunately that is what happens when demand is greater than our ability to supply.

Thanks

Terry