UltraVac Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We have a quick question about the older Ultravac. Is the unit the same and compatible with both the UltraVac AND the TriVantage deck, or is/are there difference(s)? I know there as something about different numbers, but I don't know what the differences were. It is possible that it may be irrelevant to us anyway at this time, but atleast we will all know for future reference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

there are diffrences.....

I havent cut with the Trivantage.... But I have herd many times our old ultra's cut much better

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Joe

I think its in the cup or the part that is at the bottom of the deck. The ultracut is .5" lower then the try.

Ask this in exmarks forum.

John

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I realize the decks are different (lol). I am just wondering of there is difference in the Ultravac blower and pulley hookup - if it is a different unit.

5. John Gamba

from ct

I said it wrong. i think the plastic bottom of the blower is different??? Let me see.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Thank you John. That would be a great help. Also, if this is the case, I wonder if that plastic bottom is replaceable, or if a whole 'nother blower would have to be purchased. Thanks again.

7. John Gamba

from ct

Joe! 60" 0r 52" decks??

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

geez, I'm sorry....I thought I had already stated (but didn't)...60". Mine is a 2000 EPS with a TriVantage deck,. Jason has a UV, but I'm not sure yet what deck he has that it came off of. I will call him to find out, but once I got on the subject, I just thought it would be good to know for future reference. I certainly appreciate it.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Joe are you sure you have a Try deck on a 2000 EPS rider??

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes,...positive. This was the first year, I believe. I just tried calling Exmark, but after sitting on hold for about a half hour, I gave up.