Ultravac Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am in need of a quality vac system for my ZHP-52. How well does the ultra vac work? Does it reduce materal or just throw
    it back to the bags. I have been looking at Trac Vac and a few others but could use some input from users
    One of my issues is capacity. I can't afford alot of emptying time.
    Is the capacity sufficient? I think their is only a 2 bagger avail for the ZHP.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Any bagger will require time. Just the nature of that beast.
    The ultra vac does a very nice job. I use mine for leaf season only. Between the impeller and the gator blades the material gets mulched up pretty good. The anti-blowout baffle is a must for the HP with ultra vac.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have been using Trac Vacs for a number of years now...on WB's, 3-wheelers years back, and on Groundsmasters. We have 6 of them in fact. You can fit alot of material in those 44 gallon Rubbermaid containers. Any larger and I don't think you would want and try to lift them.

The impeller in the side mounted pony engine (either a 5 or 6hp B/S) will help also to break down the material being collected. Depending on the time of the year and what you are vacumming up, try a combination or high lift/gator mulching blades.

Feel free to send me a pm if you have any further questions on Trac Vac collection systems.

4. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

hey rod ive used those on walkbehinds to,they shred maple leaves to dust.Ours had the 5 hp pony to .Only thing about em was looking over em ,the barrel is in your line of view.Takes a little time to get use to it once you do it aint bad.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Only complaint we ever get odin is looking over the barrels too, and leaf dust in your face at times...other than that...they are serious $$$makers:D

6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think the only way you can be fast is to dump directly into the truck. A good friend of mine has the Super Z with the dump from the seat hopper. Bad thing is he has to have a guy stand at the truck using the truck loader to get them from the ground into the trailer. Its a great setup too, but requires more help.

I have the HP with the 2 bag systems just like Hoss. Its a great set up.

If your leaf season is anything like ours you could not ever find a hopper large enough.....LOL!

7. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the ultra-vac on my HP and I also say it does a good job. My only complaint is with high spring growth & wet grass getting clogged in the vac intake & chute. The design of the system makes it easy to remove any accumulation.

8. H2OandNcutter

H2OandNcutter LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I'm with stan1366!

I have the UV on my 44 inch HP and it's worth every penny. It will suck up debris off the
    driveway. Works great on leaves even ones that are pretty damp. Tall wet spring growth
    can be done too if ground speed is conservative. If it does clog it's easily cleared.

R.S.

9. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Count me in too Stan !

10. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. It will be either the Ultra-Vac or a Trac Vac system, still debating. I am trying to stay away from a dump situation and lean more towards emptying into barrels for transfer directly into 55G bags for city pickup. Both will accomadate this purpose. Now it is a matter of deciding the capacity issues of each, and how it will fit my needs. The least amount of stopping is the time saver and money maker for 1 and 2 man operations.
    Anyone gopt feedback on the Cyclone rake?