ultravac question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lawnman_scott, Mar 13, 2004.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would like to know what exactly the vacuum part of this thing does. Obviously it vacuums, but is it sucking up leaves to the right of the cutting deck where it is mounted, or is it helping suck the leaves blown out of the discharge chute up the tube and into the bags? How much does it cost for the 3 bag style for an 04 52inch lazer. And how long will does it take to take off this contraption so none of my other customers realize I have a bagger? And about how long can you bag leaves before its full? I know this will vary depending on how thick they are, but say a lawn takes 1/2 hour to mow normally at full speed, how many times would you have to empty this thing. Can you mow at full speed while bagging and get all the leaves if its just normal leaves and not like 3 years worth on the ground.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lawnman,

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you.

The vac really doesn't do much vacuuming. Its purpose is really to blow the leaves and clippings coming out of the discharge chute back to the hopper. Think of it as a fan. Like any fan it can push much more air and debris than it can suck. The deck really does all the work of getting the leaves off of the ground and then simply sends them to the UltraVac fan.

Once the rear hitch is installed then it only takes a couple of minutes to remove the hood, bags tube and blower. It takes another couple of minutes to re-install.

MSRP is around $1500 however you'll need to contact your dealer for the most accurate pricing information.

As far as how long it takes to fill one up there is no possible way to gauge that. It takes longer if youÂ’re using a mulching type blade because it will chop the leaves a little finer so they can compact more in the bags.

Good luck,

Terry