Ultravac

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by nate, Dec 18, 2002.

1. nate

nate LawnSite Member

I have a 2002 52" Lazer Z HP with striping kit and Ultravac. The ultravac system was great until it became leaf season. I was experiencing a lot of blowout so I went and purchased the anti-blowout baffle kit which reduced the blowout from the front of the deck but i am still getting leaves left on the yard on the side that the ultra vac is on. The deck has great suction but when it blows it over to the Ultravac a lot of leaves blow out the side. I am getting very frustrated on my larger jobs because the machine is leaving leaves all over the yard and I hve to take my Walker off the trailer to pick up the rest of the leaves. Iwas using a OEM single blades and now have switched to doubles with the OEM on boottom with Gators on top but getting blowout than before. Tired mowing lawns three times I thought that the Ultravac actually had some vaccum but evidently is just a debris blower. Please help me if you can.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Nate,

Thanks for the post. There are several things that could be going on but it sounds like the deck is moving more air than the vac.

The first thing I would do is get rid of the double blades. (trust me on this one) If you want to go back to doubles later I can't stop you but we don't recommend it and they may cause safety concerns.

Once you've got the OEM blade on the unit you need to replace the belt for the UltraVac and inspect the idler pivot to make sure its pivoting freely. If you find that the belt is real shiny, glazed and hard that is generally sign of belt slippage. While your checking things go ahead and take the tension off the deck belt and make sure that deck idler is pivoting freely as well.

If that doesn't fix the problem give me a call at 800-667-5296 and we'll run through a few more items.

Thanks

Terry