1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Un cut strip of grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rangr25, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Rangr25

Rangr25 LawnSite Member

Im pretty sure this has been brought up before but i was having troubles finding the thread...

Anyway im running a Hustler Super Z with the XR7 deck and was curious if anyone knows the cure for the little strip that the hustlers leave behind.. its really a shame to have to double cut everything just because of that strip of grass. If anybody could help me out i would really appreciate it!
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Hustler is a sponsor here and has there own section where you can talk to a hustler rep. Is your XR7 an older model before they came out with the "fix" for it? That uncut strip of grass was very common with the XR7 deck untill they came out with a fix for it.

Here is the link for the hustler forum.

3. Rangr25

Rangr25 LawnSite Member

thanks i appreciate it
  4. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

if you sharpen your blades make sure that the ends dont get rounded make sure its straight. that can cause it
  5. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I know this is a recurring problem with the 60" XR7 deck. Are the 66" or 72" any better or worse? you never here about either one of these.
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hustler "Censer's" complaints