Un cut strip of grass

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Rangr25, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Rangr25

Rangr25 LawnSite Member

Im pretty sure this has been brought up before but i was having troubles finding the thread...

Anyway im running a 2007 Hustler Super Z with the XR7 deck and was curious if anyone knows the cure for the little strip that the hustlers leave behind.. its really a shame to have to double cut everything just because of that strip of grass. If anybody could help me out i would really appreciate it!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Has your deck been updated?
    E-mail me and I will get this taken care of.

3. BrianEX

BrianEX LawnSite Member

I have the same issue. How do I go about getting my deck updated?
  4. ex lawncare retailer

ex lawncare retailer LawnSite Member

The update kit works well. A dealer can install it in no time and you'll be glad you did it!
  5. BrianEX

BrianEX LawnSite Member

What does the update kit consist of?
  6. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

Yeah the update kit is a baffle kit to make the deck cut a little better in the northern cooler season grasses.
  7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

A baffle assembly that bolts into the front of your deck and a couple filler baffles for the rear of the deck.

8. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

This is for the newer style decks only though right? What about a pre-XR-7 deck that does this?
  9. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

In Northern Illinois, go see B & K Power in Marengo or Area Rental in Cherry Valley. These are both new dealers and they may not be aware of the updates. Tell them to contact their TM and you will be taken care of.
  10. cman3899

cman3899 LawnSite Member

I have the same problem with leaving a strip, is there anything that can be done for my fastrac 36?