1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

"Un-professional"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Storm the Patriot, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Storm the Patriot

Storm the Patriot LawnSite Member

Has anybody noticed that this word seems to be a favorite for a lot of people on here? Can I wear that out at work? No...thats unprofessional...Dont put that sign on your truck...its unprofessional. Dont say that...its un professional...Granted some of the stuff may be, but it seems that this term is thrown around quite a bit when it is not neccesary. Just my opinion.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

In some areas there is so much competition professionalism is very rare and separates the men from the boys. I consider myself a professional but many others could care less. So to me its very important. I feel most aren't professional enough. So I guess I'm one that throughs that word around a lot here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Showpropserv

Showpropserv LawnSite Member
    from mn

Well I think it is un-professional to be criticizing people on here about criticizing:nono:

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Just realized I spelled throw wrong in my last post so I'm unprofessional!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

People can be as "unprofessional" as they want as long as they do their work in a workman-like manner in my opinion. So if they can do a great job working out of the back of a station wagon, who's to say that it's wrong.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I believe there is a fine line between unprofessional. I try and be as professional as i can but sometimes i step over the line. I also think that what some people believe might be unprofessional others might see as normal and vise versa. As long as you dont look and act like your going to do a home invasion on the property and do good work you will be fine.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

kinda how i feel sort of. but i wont degrade them about it, cuz you reap what you sow.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

also good words, and i think this way too.

i mean, we all view differently. I am def not "normal" so i cant say much

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Between unprofessional and what?

That's bad grammar to leave a sentence hanging like that.

Very unprofessional :nono::nono:

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol meant to say between unprofessional and professional. im pretty tired and dont really know what i write half the time.