Una goose or b and w?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Apr 10, 2014.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone think una goose is worth the tremendous cost over b and w?

I know plant scapes on here has one but I won't be towing like he does with this truck.

It's just for a 16 goose dump and 25 tilt
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. whiffyspark

Anyone?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I am not even sure what a unagoose is, but a b and w is pricey enough for me. And does everything I need it to do...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. whiffyspark

5. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Unagoose on my F250, no complaints with it. I don't recall the price being much different than B&W, although I liked the stronger looking cross tube vs the angle looking pieces I believe B&W uses. I regularly tow heavy to super heavy without issue.

My next truck will likely have a factory gooseneck hitch, however if I were to buy another truck that could use one, I'd likely stick with Una.

6. whiffyspark

I just checked and the una is 100 more. Could have sworn it was something like 1200

The one thing I like about b and w is the option is accessories. But I doubt is ever use that stuff lll
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lumberjack1986

I thought I was going to want the accessories also, but 3 years later and I couldn't care less.

The only complaint I have is the chain plate isn't as.... robust as I would like. I had a hitch not latch due to misalignment of the latching pin... the coupler came off, chains caught it, chain plate held, but bent. Replacement was inconsequential, I don't remember the expense, but the hitch I designed/built for my F550 is exceedingly more robust.

8. whiffyspark

Thanks. I saw plant scapes on here bent his. But he's pulling something like 30k of topsoil.

The only other thing I was worried about was if I got a flat bed. Are most compatible with a flat bed? I know you can get a flat bed with one built in. But I like the thought of it being attached to frame itself
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lumberjack1986

Bent his what? I've towed more than 30klbs on the Una without issue.

10. whiffyspark

He has a thread somewhere about it. Plantscape solutions. He had plates made up to stop the problem
    Posted via Mobile Device