Unbeleiveable gas prices...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mkwl, Aug 31, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

The gas prices here in Northern, NJ are at $3.19 for regular, $3.29 for mid, and $3.39 for high octane. The prices are supposed to be over $4.50 by the end of September. I haven't added a gas surcharge yet, but I think I will add a $2-4 each week charge to help cover the cost of gasoline. IMO, we should just nuke the middle east, take their oil and be done with it.

2. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

I think it is Total B/S. I used $700.00 of Diesel a week. Thats at $2,49.9 a gal. Now it's $281.9 and they said it will be higher by the weekend.Sad thing is no one care. Working people going to have to stand up to them.

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yes but I STILL see no decline in the disrespect towards it, if people can idle cars through a drive-through then as far as I'm concerned, someone doesn't understand SHORTAGE.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

This is a Yahoo News picture:

[​IMG]

5. betterlawn

betterlawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Should I even say it? You want to kill 400 million+ people so you can pay <$2.00 for gas? :angry:

Who's going to run the wells anyway?

Its not like this wasn't seen coming (the gas prices). You should have had a surcharge in place the beginning of this season. UPS did, everyone who was affected by gas prices did.

6. betterlawn

betterlawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Well hell - I guess I would go for the premium... :)