Unbelieveable HOA price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tn Lawn Man, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

There is an HOA accepting bids right now. They are single dwelling homes on 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots. Very simple lawns, a few with fences, but nothing to intricate or detailed. There are no hills or extremely wood lots. Like I said, it is pretty straight forward and simple. A total of 40 homes.

There are no common areas.

1. What would you charge to mow? Please price this on a per house basis.

2. Guess what the existing LCO is mowing each house for (to the penny wins a prize).

I have to go mow but I will be back with the answer to #2 tonight.

2. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

other lco does it for $16.50 per lot each week.

3. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

$9.95 is my guess.

4. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

IOO this is one tripped-out post !! :confused:

HOA's are in biz to represent townhome or condo communities in bidding out big acreage of their common ground behind or beside all the buildings, and/or the individual yards of less than 3000 sf each adjacent all the main streets and parking (especially in tight or hilly grades).

But this community of 40 homeowners has 40 individually-owned flat lawns of 11,000 - 14,500 sf each?

How mentally and physically disabled are these 40 "homeowners" that collectively need an HOA to bid this out for them ?
    Are they all Fed/State Subsidized Housing for Social Services clients working at sheltered workshops that have chartered subsidized transportation picking them up daily? ;)

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

HOA's are a real PITA! But my guess would be... $12.50 per lawn:laugh:

6. lawnguy170

lawnguy170 LawnSite Member

Well, there is a HOA a few miles from me that is roughly 70 homes, all of them about the same size 10-13K. They are getting it for $8.07 Per Week, 52 weeks a year. So, actual cost per cut is about $14 based on 30 cuts a year. And, the guy does a pretty darn good job. Doesn't cut corners on anything.

7. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

LandscapeMasterpieceGA LawnSite Member

i'd charge 16.20 per, I guess 22.50

8. Tn Lawn Man

No, they are regular single dwelling unsubsidized average people.

So far we do have a winner. And, when I announce the winner I would like that person to tell how they came up with that price.

Also, nobody is putting what they would bid it for. Do tell.

9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

If it's a full service contract, I wouldn't go below $20.00. Please don't tell us Surf'n'Turf is right.:dizzy:

10. Tn Lawn Man

Full service only in the respect that it is cut, trim and blow. No shrubs, fert or mulch.