UNCLE SAM

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Feb 1, 2000.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hello, <br>Has anybody out there had experience dealing with Govt. contracts? I have a package in front of me and it will be the first one I have filled out, want to do it the right way!<p>Homer

2. Federal, state, or local?

3. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I deal with federal government alot if you need a web sight for more info let me know and more info then you can handle.<br>sunrise

4. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

I was unaware that state, federal, and local gov'ts bid out mowing. How would I find out about contracts locally?&lt;p&gt;John

5. drturf

drturf Guest

i would like some info on this topic also the web addy

6. WorkForce Intl

WorkForce Intl LawnSite Member

Sunrise, like Homer I also need information on government contracts. I would appreciate any you can send me.<p>Sincere thanks,<p>WorkForce International<br>WorkForceIntl@aol.com<br>(713)923-5564 (Business)<br>(713)923-5517 (Fax)<br>

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, the Federal Government bids out everything under the sun! Getting your foot in the door is another story. I have been trying for the last couple of years and finally got a bid package for an Army Reserve Center. There are several of these all around the country, I just want a couple to start with and see how it goes. I am fortunate also to live beside an Army base, the contract for the base a couple years ago was $1.5 million for 3 years. Heck of a lot of ground to cover on something like that though. Just trying to stay within my means, if you know what I means! For any body interested you need to find the government web site containing the C.C.R. (central contractors registry). You have to be registered with them and have a DUNS # in order to be considered a trading partner with the U.S Government. I think I'm in the ballpark with this info, if not somebody jump in and correct me.<p>Homer

8. sunrise

sunrise Banned

This sight is 1 or 2 days ahead of the GSA sight<br>www.govcon.com<br>fill in the blanks and follow the rules and good luck<br>if you win a bid and can't fill it they will hammer you BAD!!!<br>sunrise

9. Years back I went to a bid meeting at a 5<br>acre federal site.<p>The specs were that you had to apply 2-4d<br>monthly and tree spraying was to be performed<br>between 2:30am and 5:30am.<p>I walked out before the meeting was over.

10. sunrise

sunrise Banned

hopefully everyone doesn't live in the years back<br>this is the year 2000