Uncut Grass

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by brentsells, Sep 14, 2004.

1. brentsells

brentsells LawnSite Member

I have a new 36" turf tracer that leaves what appears to be a very small line of uncut grass on the trim side of the deck, irregardless of how much overlap I use when mowing the opposite direction. It only shows when mowing opposite directions trim side to trim side. Discharge to discharge there is no problem. I've changed the height, rake, and blades and the problem continues. I currently have a mulch kit installed with mulching blades. My next step is to take the mulch kit back off to see if the problem resolves. If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate the input.\

Thanks,
    Brent

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Brantsells,

There are a few things I would check. First I'd check engine rpm, and the PTO belt adjustment as well as the deck belt idler. This idler can cause some issues from time to time it it's not pivoting freely. The idler pivot should almost feel sloppy when it pivots. You can check this by pulling the belt off one pulley, removing the spring and pivoting it by hand. If it hangs up at all remove it and polish the bushing with emery cloth. Next I'd start measuring from the blade tip to the roof of the deck at 4-6 locations around the deck as well as measuring from the blade to the ground on a flat surface in a equal number of locations. You should do this with each blade tip.

Thanks

Terry

3. brentsells

brentsells LawnSite Member

Terry:

Thanks for the advice. I finally got fed up and took it back to the dealer. Unfortunately, they said it would be at least seven days. I'm a little discouraged at the turnaround time and the problem considering the mower is brand new.

Thanks again,
    Brent

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

brent,

I'll be out of the office all of next week however if can pm me at terry.eckert@exmark.com with the name of your dealer I'll give them a call and give them some suggestions of what to look for.

Thanks

Terry