Uncut strip of grass left on my new Super Z..

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by HenryB, Sep 11, 2006.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are no parts or updates on this deck, call your dealer and let them know what is going on, they will make sure the deck is level and pitched correctly and belt tension is what is supposed to be.

Pj

2. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

What mower do you have?

3. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

2 - 60" XR7's

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your details if this continues and I will get our regional service manager involved.

Pj

5. JAF

JAF LawnSite Member

If you have an 06 and you dont have the air kit install a 106765 for a 60" it should include a front triangle plate and a plate to lower you front edge. We have found that just installing the wedge on the left side does the best job. sometime you might need to lower the front edge of the deck. Hustler is the only company I know of that can do this at no cost. It will allow you to cut grass form east coast to west coast.

6. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

I am cutting at 3 inches. What height should the front plate be in respect to the blade height? They are 07's with the triangle on the front.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We need to know what your serial # is to determine what version of deck you have.
    Please post it or email me.

Pj

8. JAF

JAF LawnSite Member

The model number should have a b in it to have the kit from the factory. The triangle piece should be located on the left between the left and mid blades. It should be a real heavy piece of iron. Not the two little pieces that are bent in a L shape. As for as the relation between the front of the deck to your blades I believe your grass and location would make the differance. Mowing at a true three inches I dont think you need to lower the front edge. Like I said Hustler is the only mower you tweek like this.

9. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Your mowers are "B" style decks. They do not have the triangle pieces previously spoken about and there are no baffles that can be adjusted. Just hang tight. I am working with your dealer and our service department about this.

Are you using the flex forks on your mower?

10. jmkb72

jmkb72 LawnSite Member

PJ,
    I too am getting this on my new 2007 Super Z 24 honda/60' XR7 side discharge. I thought I was just going too fast which was disappointing as I have mowed faster with other mowers (Bush Hog) and since Hustler advertises 10mph mowing speeds for the Super Z. From what you've told other guys here I will go ahead and call my dealer about it tomorrow (Patten Cat, Joliet, IL). I'm glad I checked here and will be even happier when this gets addressed and I can increase my productivity. Let me know if there's anything else I should do.
    By the way I removed that "L" shaped blow out baffle (I guess that's what its called) at the front from the left side thinking maybe with it gone the grass could stand back up sooner but I couldn't tell a difference. Keeping the blades real sharp helps a little but doesn't solve it. I'm not running flex forks or mulch kit and have the stock fusion blades.
    Just a thought but it kind of seems like the left and center blade just don't over lap enough and that's what's causing it.
    Jeremiah