Uncut strip of grass left on my new Super Z..

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by HenryB, Sep 11, 2006.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Still having the same buildup issues, with mine.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Have you talked to Ken and Matt?

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I will e mail them tonight. I took the triangle baffles out . It didn't seem to discharge as far, but it isn't keeping the grass under there chopping it up fine either. But still building up nonetheless.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will talk to them today.

5. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

I am having the same problem with the strip. I just bought the mower new a month ago. I also seem like I am bailing hay at 3. Sometimes 3.5 seems to be cutting a tremendous amount of grass. It just doesn't seem like it disperses the grass like my old Exmark did. Also, when I first start the mower and try to engage the blades it stall out. By the way I have the 60" Super Z with the 30 HP Kohler

6. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

We still don't have a solution to my issue. The low lift blades help reduce the uncut strips, but does not eliminate it. But the low lift blades dont stand up all the grass either. It is even leaving grass clippings behind between the blades. The grass is getting real dry here now and we are starting to cut at
    3 1/4" which does not seem to make the problem worse. I have tried to cut at 2 3/4" with no difference.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me please.
    Who did you buy it from?
    I need your model and serial #, I want to make sure you have a up to date machine, deck and engine.

Pj

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Have you talked to your dealer again?

9. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

About every other day. We just tried the gator style blades which still leave a ridge of grass between the blades (I won't call it an uncut strip like I had w/ the high lift blades). I talked to the dealer today and he wants to try taking the triangle baffle out.

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ok.
    Who is the dealer?
    Are they talking to their factory service rep?