Uncut strip of grass left on my new Super Z..

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by HenryB, Sep 11, 2006.

1. diagnostech

diagnostech LawnSite Member

I would sure hate to be a mower manufacturer. last year we were working with different conditions, and different problems , decks cut different from year to year. due to weather pattern changes. thick and juicy- tall and thin- etc.

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am also having issues. I still get the strip of uncut grass with the kit installed. I also get clumps even in dry grass. I thought it was the wet spring and it would go away as things dried out, but it hasn't. I have never had to do so much double and triple cuttings in my life as I have done this year.

3. 1PRO

1PRO LawnSite Member

My xr7 deck was cutting lower in the middle than the left and right blade, after some looking i pulled the blades off and compared them to another set i had come to find out the set that i checked had a bend on the ends of the blade my crew had put on the wrong set the 05 deck take the 52's and the 06 deck takes the 85's those are the last two part numbers on the blades. So i took a white permenent white maker and wrote 52 and 85 under the arm rests and seat. Just and thought.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Have you talked to Mike @ Pro Mower about this?

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have never made a 52" XR-7.
    But from early 05 to 06 there was a blade style change on Z decks.
    Your 06 52" is not a XR-7.

6. jmkb72

jmkb72 LawnSite Member

PJ,
    My dealer, Patten Cat Joliet, IL, got in touch with our rep and has a B version kit on the way. Sounds like its not going to make much of a difference from what other guys have said after installing the update. I'm just curious, is Hustler working on another solution. This is really on my mind after feeling so frustrated having to mow so slow today. This Super Z is supposed to mow fast, I love everything else about it, just that I have to go slow to get a nice cut.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Get the kit in, it should take care of your problem.
    I am not aware of any other kits or solutions, the kit is taking care of the issues we have seen.

Pj

8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I mentioned it when I had it in for service. At that time, we were still thinking it was the wet conditions.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Make sure you talk to Mike, we will get it taken care of for you.

Pj

10. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I was having problems as well, but I got the kit installed 2 weeks ago and it has worked like a charm. Cuts as smooth as you can imagine @ 4" on ken. bluegrass. I was doing a little bushhogging (~18" of growth down to 4.5") and it did seem to leave a bit of a strip where it wasn't cut quite as well, but it was really no big deal since it only gets cut a couple times a year if that. I'm very satisfied with the results.

IMG_0707re.jpg