Under $5 per 1000 sq ft

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Nov 30, 2007.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

My budy owns a 30 unit apartment complex outside of my service area. He got his renewal from C-lawn for next year already!!! WTF. Ta boot for 20k they are under $5 per 1000k how the hell can they do it for that?

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Spraying water is cheap...:laugh:

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

That is funny you posted that....as I was just wondering today how the big boys were going to price next year with all the increases in fert and fuel.

Have any of you heard what Scotts, TGCL and the others are doing for next year?

BTW...for a 20K lawn I am under $5/K.

There is no way I could charge that here. The bigger the lawn the cheaper it is!

I hear of some on here making $250 per acre on here and I just dream! I would almost have to do two acres to their one to make that!

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Yeah but costs could be different like rent for your shop maybe you pay $500 mo, maybe they pay $2000 per month. Your labor maybe $12 per hour they may have to pay their guys 20 plus. I believe things are all relative, but where I live under $5 is way low, not slamming you Creech, just how it is here.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I hear ya humble 1!

I now see that you are up in the NE and I have seen that up your way you guys usually can charge more.

Unfortunatly...one can only charge what the market with bear in the area!

6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

$5 per K is way too much! (for what they do) LOL. But hey, where would we all be without them!

7. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

I would not do regular lawns for $5/ 1,000 sq ft. maybe $6, but only if competing on a bid. My regular prices are closer to $7.50. I am one of the less expensive companies in the area. The other company could have a smaller size in their computer for that complex.