under armour clothes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DISTURBEDSMR, Mar 17, 2008.

1. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

Does anybody where under armour clothes everybody seems to be wearing them now so I was wondering if anybody wore them mowing. If so what ones or if not what do you where trying to stay cool down here.

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

if the summer ones work as good as the hunting ones they are awesome.
    i got a winter pair to hunt in and they will make you sweat.:usflag:

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

They work great! I have a few pair for summer and its the only way to keep your shirt from sticking to you and your body a little cooler. The UA brand is the most comfortable, but I have found some knockoffs at Target that are very similar to the feel of UA's for a fraction of the cost. I am not brand loyal and use them for what they were designed for. Buy the UA first so that you know what to look for at Target (Trust me if you buy UA brand you will look at others!!)

Oh by the way, its not magic...its polyester...its just that nobody thought of making it fit really tight and wicking the sweat away and marketing it!!

Do us all a favor though, if you are like me and are not the best looking without a tshirt on (love handles), wear a shirt over the stuff or you may lose customers or cause an accident!!

4. drelgan

drelgan LawnSite Member

I bought the loose fit UA--I don't like tight fitting clothes. Love them--just not crazy about the price. I have only one small compalint with them--they snag easy and what ever you do, DON'T cut the snag. Try to work the threads back in by stretching the material.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The loose fit ones are good too. I am not fond of tight clothes either and always wear a size larger, but I have learned to deal with the tight fitting UA to keep me cool.

6. Jake

Jake LawnSite Member
    from Ia

I wear UA all the time here in the winter and it is awesome. I am thinking of having some of my summer clothing made from UA and having my screen print logo applied to the shirt.

7. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You do not need to buy the expensive Under Armor brand. I have managed sporting goods stores for 15 years and can tell you that many others make this type of clothing for less money. I have outfitted my crew with Nike shirts that I pick up at the local outlet for $15 each. I then take them over to a local printer and have them put Armadillo Lawn Care with my phone number on back. You might also look for the house brands. For instance I have several shirts made from Acadamy Sports house brand. Reebok, Adidas, Nike and others all make these types of shirts. You can get them in short sleeve Ts, polo style shirts etc. I have several long sleeve shirts I wear under my sweatshirts to absorb sweat. You also do not need to get the tight ones for them to be effective. Loose fitting shirts will work just as well and don't look goofy.I also have several pair of basketball shorts of the same material that I wear under jeans instead of boxers. They stay up better and also stay dry.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Bought a couple of the knock-off underarmour shirts (the loose ones) at WalMart today. Had one last year and loved it.

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

the compression shorts are God's give to landscapers

10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I love the cold gear, I wear it all the time in the winter. I have the heat gear for the summer also, but I might have worn it once or twice since I got it.