Under Armour Shirts?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, May 29, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

It is starting to get hot here and I am thinking about wearing an Under Armour shirt to stay cool. Have any of you used UA?

2. Lawnboy85

Lawnboy85 LawnSite Member
    from South

I would answer your question with my own question. Does under armor look professional?

I'm not sure what your situation is, how old you are, etc. but to be professional you must present yourself in a professional manner. I'm located in Texas and the humidity today was unbelievable, which only added on to the actual temperature. And besides all of that, I know I wouldn't look too good in skin-tight under armor so I, personally, would stay away from it for both reasons mentioned above. You can find various types of t-shirts that just have that "certain" type of material that you can wear during the summer and not get as hot. Stick with the obvious (light colors) and you should be fine.

You do what you want. I'm sure you'll use good judgment. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

3. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

go shirtless, the housewives love it! Unless you have a beer belly, than wear a 2xL shirt...

Just kidding...

I am not too high on the importance of a uniform, I believe your final product will speak volumes and be the number one determining factor as to whether or not you will continue in this biz. I know there will be dozens of my fellow owners come crawling out from under their respective rocks with the above sentence but most (MOST) people don't care about uniforms. They want a good job, they want good value (not a cheap job!).

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

UA would be good, are you going to wear that as your only layer or as a under shirt to a tee shirt to keep you from gettting to hot?

5. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I use one as an underlayer, I like it.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I have both hot and cold under armour. The cold gear works great! I am not a big fan of the hot gear but if you get it get a light color. UA also makes a loose gear which would probably be a better choice and Im sure you could special order to get your name put one it. this way you still look professional

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I wear the underwear....... not the shirts......it makes a huge difference in all day comfort....if you know what I mean

8. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

Champion-Cool/dri its what a lot of companys use(cool/dry) fits great not to tight and not to loose and stays really cool. Its a fine mesh (cant see threw)

9. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

companys as in sport shirt (ua) use

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WHAT......WHAT..... WHATTTTTT

Virgina,,, hot.....O PLEASE, shoot me now........

I would love to pay your air fair to come work with me next month...

I would envite you to come in 2 months but it would kill you. and I really dont need that.....

HOT..... OMG you guys dont know what hot is....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ....