Under Armour!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeKle, Jun 22, 2008.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

About 2 months ago I saww my friend wearing a Under Armour shirt, I did not think anything of it at the time, but then read about the technology in this clothing. I didnt believe a shirt could stay completely dry when you are out working in hot,humid weather, but I got tired of my regular t-shirts getting soaked in sweat after just a short time working outside, and decided to take a chance and give them a try. I was shocked, these shirts do stay completely dry and when you get a slight breeze it actually feels cooler than it really is! I would highly recommend anyone working outdoors in the heat should try this brand.I bought the loose fitting T-shirt, but they do make tight fitting shirts as well, but I assume you have to be in perfect shape to wear these.Also DO NOT buy the new shirts marketed as feeling like cotton but reacting like Under Armour, these shirts get visibly wet from sweat very quickly! I returned it and bought the original type. They cost around $25.-$35 but well worth it. It is even possible to get your company logo/name embroidered or silk screened on it. This company makes shirts,shorts, clothing for cold weather and even underwear! You will throw all your cotton shirts away after trying these.

2. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

I agree 100%. I find myself rarely wearing my regular cotton t-shirts now days. Those that have not tried it yet don't know what they are missing. And I have bought the cheaper Under Armour that looks and feels like a regular t-shirt and do consider it a waste of money. I don't go by their sizing chart....if you do the fit is skin tight. There is an off-brand out there called second skin. The skin tight fit is for muscle compresion that is desireable in sports related activity. I buy the XXL and have a good fit. I'm 6'2" and 188-191lbs. So good luck for those who want to try it out.

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Where to purchase? Url?

4. lostmdboy

lostmdboy LawnSite Member

The only problem I see with it is that I get so dirty most of the time. I carry extra tees so that if I am going to be around custimers I can cange and look "a little" cleaner. Those shirts cost so much that it would be a lot of $$$ to where for a while, and throw away, because of stains.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I wear under armour too but I wear it underneath my long sleeve company shirt. It helps ALOT!

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i wear them working out and running but not to work

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

still no link.....

8. Kawazuki

Kawazuki LawnSite Member

...Here ya go

--->LINK<---

9. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, some people can't google Under Armour, and don't live within traveling distance of a clothing store.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I like the green color.

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear UA under a regular tee shirt so i can change the outter shirt