Under Armour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Oct 6, 2008.

Do You wear Under Armour when mowing

1. I do wear Under Armour

12 vote(s)
  2. I don't wear Under Armour

26 vote(s)
  3. I wear the Wal-Mart/Generic version

6 vote(s)
  1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious...how many of y'all wear Under Armour when mowing? My uniform setup is kinda weird but works well. I wear the white long sleeve Under Armour and a gray sleeveless tee over it. Works perfectly IMO.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I used to wear it all the time under my company tshirts, but I have since then discovered that a Magellan or Columbia long sleeve fishing shirt is much more comfortable. Keeps the sun off of you and breaths really good. Under Armour is a waste of money now in my opinion.
  3. BarrFarms

BarrFarms LawnSite Member
    from Ne Ar

When I get's into the 60's here, I break it out. I wear black coldgear mock turtlenecks with a UA Loose short sleeve shirt over top, similar to freshpince. Works really well!
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We are looking into buying the T shirts from Under Armor next season for our company uniforms. We've done the regular cotton T's for years now but they start to smell after a couple of months. I hate it when it smells nice and clean right out of the drier, then after two hours it reaks all day.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I bought 1 Under Armor high dollar shirt, and I also have 7 of the Walmart "dry-more" shirts. I can tell you, without a doubt, that the $6.00 walmart shirts are FAR BETTER in respect to how they "breathe" and how cool they feel. I hate the Under Armor shirt and only were it on cooler or cloudy days. It's only a little better than a cotton shirt, compared to the walmart specials that are like having on no shirt at all.
  6. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

We just wear tube tops and jock straps. Best setup IMO unless you do a lot of bumpy lawns.
  7. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont wear it for this kinda work but wear Under Armour under my ballistic vest at the sheriff's office.:waving:
  8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I wear the 9" under armour heat gear under wear. These stop me from getting gaulded. As far as the shirts go I have tried several, but my favorites are the C9 champions that they sell at target. I can be soaking wet and run the back-pack on them for a minute and they are mostly dry.
  9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I am trying NOT to picture this. Come on man, I just ate.
  10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I have heat gear for the summer, but never wear it. But I also have a cold gear for the winter and I wear that alot