Under Brushing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by blankenshiplawncare, Feb 13, 2005.

1. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone out there doing any of this. I have a friend that has an ASV RC100 and a Bullhog Cutter head. I have been contemplating buying an ASV RC30 with a much smaller rotary head to fill the gap between his business and mine. Any comments or suggestions?

Phil

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think you will be able to do it.

First off, I don't think there is a smaller cutter head than ~60", and that would be a flail-type of mower as opposed to something like the Bullhog. Secondly, the RC30 won't run one very effectively; you need a high flow machine and the RC30 only puts out around 10 gpm.

3. blankenshiplawncare

This is the attachment specs. from ASV's site. It has a max of 2 inch cut. The area I want to work would be this and smaller. This would be for mostly residential and fence projects. I believe this would be marketable. Let me know what you think about the this model cutter.

Phil

Davco 472 Brushcutter
    Description:
    The RC-30 All Surface Loader and the Davco 472 Brush Cutter are an ideal combination for use on road allowances, ditches, regrowth and power line right-of-way. The brush cutter can cut material up to 2 inches thick and has an overall cutting width of 47 inches. The brush cutter uses the RC-30’s standard auxiliary hydraulic flow. Hydraulic connection is quick and easy using the supplied hoses and hydraulic couplers. The brush cutter mounts directly to the RC-30’s quick-attach coupler.

Features:
    - Cutting capacity: 2" thick
    - 3 blades with reversible cutting edge

Package Includes:
    Brush cutter and all required hydraulic hoses and couplers. An enclosed cab and cab door (not included with the brush cutter) are required for operator protection when using the brush cutter.

bc472.jpg

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know. I've never used one of those, or the Bullhogs. We looked into the Bullhogs about a year ago, but didn't get the contract for the job we were looking at them for.

You might try registering over at Arboristsite and contacting a guy with the screen name Yellowdog. He's in Texas, and I believe he's used the Davco's a fair amount.

HTH.

Dan

5. blankenshiplawncare

Great pitch. Thats what I love about this site. Thanks for the leg up.

Phil