under cutting your price new competetion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SNOWMAN, Feb 28, 2000.

1. SNOWMAN

SNOWMAN Guest

I don't know how everyone out there is doing but do you fight the KNEW guy under bidding trying to jump in on your customers?<br>Have only lost one in the past 4 years but it still makes me nervous this time of year, usally get upset over nothing and gain work

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I just think about mid May when I bid.

3. SNOWMAN

SNOWMAN Guest

Lazer<br>When does your mowing season begin and end?<br>How far up in Michigan are you?

4. Lazer

43rd parallel.<p>A typical season includes 2 cuts in April and 1 or 2 in November.<p>I might be pushing it a little. I charge for 28 weeks. A lot of guys do 26 here.

5. SNOWMAN

SNOWMAN Guest

Ha Ha 43rd that helps.<br>Look like your season is just as long as ours, here in n. central In.<br>

6. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Oh Man, What a vacation! Down here on the 33 parallel we have 41 cuts per season. Not much time off here.

7. Lazer

This year and last have been great, but some years you don't get your clean-ups done before you have to plow and that sucks.

8. Nick

Nick Guest

What is the season in North Carolina? I was thinking about charging a monthly price based upon the seson. So if I do 3 cuts a month durning the summer and only 1 or 2 overall cuts in the winter then the customer has a consistan price throughout the year...<p>Does that make sence?

9. richard

richard Banned

in seattle we go 38 and most are wet ones!