under deck treatment? Ultra-Every Dry?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dabtro96, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Dabtro96

Dabtro96 LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever tried this stuff? Up here in the Pacific Northwet our decks get so loaded with grass that it really impedes mowing performance.
    If you aren't familiar with this stuff check it out. It's spendy but if it were to work on a mower the time spent scraping the under side of the mower deck would be greatly reduces.

Check out the video. Stuff is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I saw this already. It sure looks like it would stop grass from sticking. It almost has to work for that purpose as well. It would be nice if the manufacturers would coat the decks when new.

3. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks good but I wonder how it would stand up on the deck when you cut in sandy conditions. I would think it would get sandblasted off.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! It looks like it has some potential. At $100 a quart it had better do something. Non stick sprays have been available for a long time though. And they all work well until they wear off, which doesn't take long. I fear this material would have the same problem. I think that hard non-stick finishes have more potential under a mower deck. Titanium-ceramic based nonstick coatings are nearly perfect. They are very hard and can withstand a good deal of abuse.

5. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking the same thing but I believe my Scag is powder coated from the factory which is supposed to be better than paint. After 6 months it was 90% gone from the underside of the deck.