Under priced lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by D&A Lawn Care, May 7, 2014.

1. jonnyz37

jonnyz37 LawnSite Senior Member

one last thing.....the price you give customers is your price...its not an estimate. Honor your price and work promised. That's being a man in general
  2. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't read all the reply's but I always finish the year and then raise for the next season.
  3. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

It's guys like him who cost guys like us jobs. Learn how to bid. I hope you learned your lesson "because your in high school and needed money".

C'mon Man!
  4. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're literally losing money doing anything I would put a stop to it immediately. Tell them the truth. If the truth is too hard for them then oh well. You can be in business to lose money.
  5. wranch

wranch LawnSite Member

I believe you answered your own question. B-) Next year you might have to bring the prices up a bit though. ;-)
    It happens, I bid on a brush hog job one time that got out of hand on me. I big by the acre (and that's ok) but I didn't walk the entire site, and missed the mess of construction debris, and rock dumps on the lower end of what looked like a perfectly flat field. It took me two extra hours working around that mess. (I bumped up the rate the following year...)

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

wow that's a bad estimate, from now on I would give them a hourly rate on any job you have a hard time estimating, fall/ spring cleanup I usually get $60 an hour on mulch I charge per yard but trimming is hourly, everyone has a different hourly rate.