1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Under-seat lock box

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Johnson LCO, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you guys have some type of lockbox or strong box that sits or bolts in under the seat? I have some valueables and things that need to be secured and my f350 has the bench seat so there is no console. I want something that is not too big and does not cost a fortune. Anyone have or seen one of these?
  2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Would the items fit in the glovebox? I don't know of anything that would be the right size to fit under the seat and bolt down that you could lock. There might be some type of metal box but I can't think of any that would open the right way.
  3. Johnson LCO

My glovebox does not lock and I want to keep cash in there to pay employees at the end of the day instead of driving somewhere to get money. They are about to move a crime ridden low income area right next to where I park my truck. I just want something that will not be easily taken. I was also thinking about a pistol safe but still have not found any good ones.
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That's an easy solution. Start paying them legally w/ taxes withheld.
  5. Johnson LCO

Thanks... I guess. But I do not have employees now, but I plan on paying them cash and REPORTING it so I do not have to have an accounting firm write paychecks and keep up with weekly hours. Those companies drop you or charge you exorbitantly if you do not have constant employees every week.
  6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I was under the impression you were already paying cash.

If you pay cash, when you pull it out you will get stuck paying the taxes as if you were paying yourself. It is best to do payroll w/ an accounting software. Much cheaper & easier in the long run.
  7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Just get a check book, you don't need anybody.
  8. ffighter624

ffighter624 LawnSite Member

try www.galls.com they have a few pistol safes and lock booxes for police cars that might work
  9. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

it is illegal to pay them cash and report it, they are not sub contractors, you cant give them a 1099, you will need to tax em, pay workers comp, and obtain green cards from them