1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

under the deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnscapes of the R.V., Mar 3, 2010.

1. lawnscapes of the R.V.

lawnscapes of the R.V. LawnSite Member

What is best way you guys have found to get under the ztr mower deck to change the blades??? Do the ztr jacks work or not?? thanks

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I use a lifting arm I made to work with my floor jack that attaches to the mower. I even painted the tabs I welded to the mower Cats Eye Gold to match the mower. :usflag: Works good enough for me. :)
    [​IMG]

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I pull the two levers and flip the deck up.

4. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

i also use a hydraulic jack and jack it up!!

5. fireman9

fireman9 LawnSite Member

Being a former auto mechanic I just had to have a lift in my garage. I use 4 short chains with hooks, attach them to the four corners of the machine and lift the entire mower overhead to do any major cleaning or just drive the front over one lift arm and up it goes till the back bottoms out on the ground.

6. Vogel-Landscaping

Vogel-Landscaping LawnSite Member

wish i had a lift!!!

7. fireman9

fireman9 LawnSite Member

Got it used from a local garage, best $500.00 I've ever spent!
    Watch craigslist and check with your local parts stores like Napa or Carquest, sometime they know of used ones. New cost about $2,800 to $10,000 depending on what you want.

8. evanbrendel

evanbrendel LawnSite Member

i use short car ramps for now i see some good ideas on here.

9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

floor jack is what i use

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have jungle jacks for the standers and would work for a smaller ztr, and now have mowjack for the heavy terds. that thing is super awesome, especially for the price.

Hey alc-gregh, i ithought scag decks were not supposed to clog with such a huge discharge area!!!ahahahhah. that looks like a lot of grass under there