Under the table

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Apr 5, 2003.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I see this guy I used to work with out mowing all the time. I quit that job to go into my business full time years ago. Last week I ran into him while eating lunch. He was bragging to me that he wont do commercial because he dosnt' report any lawncare on his taxes as he still works a day job. He also does not carry insurance of any kind (except auto) and sometimes has a worker with him. He then babled on about how he is getting ready to take a volintary lay-off at his day job and cut grass and collect unemployment and has done this the past two summers.
    One part of me wants to report him and the other wants to just wait untill he gets caught.
    What do you think
  2. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Drop a dime on him.
  3. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't report anybody, just let things fall into place naturally.. :rolleyes: Everything is for a reason...

Lou :cool:
  4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

What comes around .... goes around. He'll get his in time.
  5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, Ill hide my smiling face when the day comes that he is telling me of his impending IRS audit or his employee suing him when he injures himself under his employment.
    It just cooks me when Im paying my taxes and insurance premeums and this guys riding clear (for now).
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, i dont know. as long as he is not takin anything away from me, id probly let it slide. i dont know if they have this where u guys live, but by me there are these union halls(carpentry), these guys make a way of life out of collecting unemployment. they go to the union hall, and are assigned to a job(which they can decline, if they choose) the job may run a month, two months, or a year. after their job is complete, as long as they have worked the required time for that year, they take the next six to nine months off, all the while collecting unemployment benefits($500 a week) and then the procces repeats. this is perfectly legal. as for me, id probly keep my mouth shut. is workin for cash illegal? yup. is it morally wrong? nope, not to me. it is no more morrally wrong than a guy like me, working 2 jobs, and paying $20, 000 a year in taxes. now that is wrong!
  7. Why do so many cheats like to brag about it:confused:
    Its one thing to do it, but then to go telling about it.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
  8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

wait till mid summer than report him.remember the money hes going to get from being laid off comes out of your pocket.its not fair and i don't care if your my father i would report you in no time.
    people like that makes are taxes go up.
  9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I say DROP THE DIME ON HIM, Heck, I will even give you the dime. Turn him in.:angry: