1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Undercoating The Deck??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mower_babe, Mar 30, 2003.

1. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Guys,

I was at a show this weekend and they had on display a mower

deck that had been coated with that spray on bedliner material.

Has anyone had any experience with this? If it helps as far as

grass not coating the deck, i would love to know! Thanks for all

your help and suggestions.
    :waving: Have a good day!
  2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

never seen that before . i use slip coat on my decks its a graphite based lube you brush on an it works well . grass never sticks to deck at all..
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've been thinking of trying Remmington's :gunsfirin Dri Lube.
    I use it on my 7.62x51mm (.308) tactical rifle. It is a teflon lubricant spray that dries on contact and leaves a completely dry non-stick coating that does not attract any dust or debris like conventional lubricants.

snipertarget #1.jpg
  4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Where can you get that?? Is it a particular name brand? How often are you re-applying it. We use Mo-Deck with fairly decent results but are always willing to experiment.
  5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

any tractor supply should carry it . it is used on farm equipment an works great . make sure you clean surface really well an then apply with a brush. i reaaply every year an our decks stay clean an clear !
  6. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Truck bed coatings like rino lining etc, give a non slip surface. These products create a gritty surface. You want something slippery not gritty.

They will keep the deck from rusting but build-up would most likely be a major problem. I have not tried it but common sense tells me it would stick.

I was thinking about coating the outsides of the deck so they wouldnt get scratched, chipped, and to prevent rust.

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I would need a lot more info before I would put a truck bed coating on the underside of a mower deck. Grass would stick to that in a heartbeat. Either go with Mow Eze or Slip Plate and scrape the deck when you swap out the blades.

8. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Yo Envy, thats a Weatherby TRR in the picture right? Sweet.

I just blast all the grass off with my blower, takes about 5 seconds.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Actually its a Sako TRG.

Here is a link to the Weatherby TRR.

I actually prefer the M40 (custom Remmington 700) and the HOWA Tactical rifle from Legacy Sports International. The Howa is a Japanese made rifle imported by LSI. Ironically the Japanese company actually did a lot of building for Weatherby.
  10. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Sako TRG huh? Oops.
    My favorite tactical rifle would be the AR-15 Carbine, the short one used for Special Ops. A blast to shoot, those little .223 bullets dont have much kick. In all honesty though, my favorite weapon is a sawed off Remington 870, armed with one of those nobody can get near you.
    Really now? Japs doing the work for Weatherby? Hmm. Well, another really nice gun the japs make is the SKB, very nice shotguns.

Keep shootin!