Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by chrisa123, Aug 7, 2006.

1. chrisa123

chrisa123 LawnSite Member

I started working w/ a garden center this spring doing delieveries ect and progressed into the landscaping/mowing division of the company. im now the mowing foreman and im more productive than the guy who mows with me. my hourly wage is $8 and i feel like im worth more then that especially when the guy i work with is making $10. I dont want to sound greedy but what do you guys think im worth. Btw i had a year of comercial mowing experience before i took this job.
  2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

What are your responsibilities compared to the guy you work with? How long have you been with the company?
  3. chrisa123

this is my first season and we are supposed to have the same responsibilities except i do the transporting/meeting with the boss to go over jobs ect
  4. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Even though you are new i feel that you should be getting the same as the other guy, not less........maybe you can talk to some body about it?:)
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

heck When i was manager for tglc we started laborers at 7-8 bucks. If you could speak english and had a clean DL that was worth 50 cents to a buck right out of the box...

One of my foremen was making in the 14-15 an hour range when I left..
  6. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

how can you live on 8 bucks per hour??? go mow yards yourself and make a better living instead.
  7. chrisa123

im 17 and im trying get the right experience b4 i start my own bussiness in a few years, i also do side jobs and have 3 contracts on the side but yea thanks everyone im gonna ask for a raise this week
  8. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

17? let me guess the higher paid guy is younger than you? right?

yeah, go mow lawns for yourself. solo ops around here make $8/hr.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well maybe the other guy does a better job kissing tail.

You got to really pucker up and spread thine lips upon the buttocks very lightly, do not smooch and do not slobber, but it still has to be a KISS, a good old fashioned smacker right on the tail but again don't press hard. You have to wait for the right moment and everything has to be perfect or the receiver may not appreciate it. Also you don't want to do it a lot, if your nose gets these brown spots then you are doing it too much.

Oh yeah, and don't whine.
  10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't use any tounge....:)