1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

unethical or ethical from another LCO?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

back story first........
    a neighbor of 1 of my clients had a guy doing a mulch install, that i quoted @ $4.85 per 3 cf bag (brown Grade a Cypress) installed last week, & i was told it was 2 high.

fast forward to today........
    today this guys installing bulk out of his truck bed when i was at my clients house cutting a dead tree out. got 1/2 done and went to the dump, as i was leaving this guy was geting the free ground up yard waste mulch. i head back to get the rest of the cut up tree and he pulls up a while later with the crap mulch. my client tells me he is doing it for $3.35 per cf installed with quality chipped mulch. :laugh:

now for my question, should i tell this lady this guy riped her off by being unethical by getting the lowest grade mulch loaded with weed seeds and other junk and charging her for good stuff?
  2. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a ? you have to answer.
  3. Okiebug003

Okiebug003 LawnSite Member

I would just keep it to myself, but if you told the neighbor the news I am sure it would get back to that lady.
  4. tiggazee

tiggazee LawnSite Member

That would be a pretty nosey thing to do and make you look like a fool. Just being honest. Let his little deal play out and see how it goes for him. Doing stuff like that will get him nowhere fast. Good luck to you.
  5. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

Now thats just bad karma.. any way you look at it
  6. they'll figure it out.
  7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have not told anyone yet but here, i just hate seeing people being taken.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Let it run its course - the client will find out soon enough and so will blow joe!
  9. def. unethical. I agree, sit back and let things happen. They will find out one way or another.
  10. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

What he said.