Uneven Cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sauls1686, Sep 15, 2003.

1. I like my scag but somtimes on uneven terrain the cut is uneven. (IE on the first pass the left wheels are on a slight ridge, the next pass makes the first look lower. (at least on the right side))

I know its a fixed deck so i expect it. But still i would like to know how to minimize it. I have the height all the way up (front wheels). I was thinking that I might move the blades up on the spindles and that might help.

Dunno though. Im new to commercial equipment. Somtimes i feel like going back to my personal pace...............!

:alien:

SAULS

2. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Have you checked the air pressure to make sure that all the tires are set where they should be? I also had the problem with one of my mowers when the cutter housing needed to be replaced.

3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Are you cutting an incline?

Tire pressure both front and rear. Also if you are catching the weight of the grass can do that. We run the discharge fully inflated.

4. i just got it thurs. They did all that when i bought it. and it cuts beautifully on level ground. its just where the deck digs in and when one side is "riding a ridge". otherwise im happy with it. im not sure if my customers will be though, i had them spoiled with my toro 21".

SAULS

5. k well the deck doesnt actually DIG IN. but is lower on one side. (sorry about that)

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

sauls...dude, you are dreadfully close to a scalp with that thing.

scalps are operator error. always.

depending on how bad the scalp is sometime you can find a little piece of turf on the property somewhere that the homeowner wont notice and dig it up and perform a transplant to cover your mistake untill you learn what you are doing.

good luck man!

GEO

7. k good--im glad its my bad. i wasnt liking the idea of it being the mower. too many $$$ (at least for ME)