Uneven cutting

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by HOOLIE, Aug 19, 2004.

1. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I posted a thread maybe 2 months ago about my 36" Metro cutting higher on the right side. Thought I solved the problem when I added a blade spacer on each blade. But lately the problem has come back, although not as bad as before. Basically, the left blade cuts clean, and the right blade is a little higher, and rounded over, like its not cutting as well. Believe me, I have checked everything. Thinking about getting the tires replaced. Anyway, ever since I bought the machine last year, there has been a little play on the right spindle. Maybe 1/16" or so. The bearings sound fine. Would that little bit of play cause this problem?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hoolie,

If you added spacers and the cut leveled out an now the problem has returned I'd recommend getting it into the dealer ASAP. Something is either not set correcly or something is bent.

Thanks

Terry

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Terry,

I'm thinking of replacing the tires because the problem is more pronounced when they are properly inflated. The right tire tends to lose air quickly. It also has the tread worn down on the inside of the tire. So I was guessing that maybe the tire is misshapen enough to cause a change in cutting height. Really, the problem is only something I notice, I highly doubt any of my customers would pick up on it.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hoolie,

If you must shim on spindle something is way out of shape. It could be a tire but simply measuring around one tire with a piece of rope and marking it and then doing so the the other tire will tell you how close the two are. You want them with in about 1/2" of each other for tracking purposes. For deck leveling they could be off a good bit with out showing too much in the deck.

Terry