1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

uneven lawn

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by threeputts, Jul 8, 2004.

1. threeputts

threeputts LawnSite Member

ok i saw the thread about the lumpy lawn and i dont think that is my problem.

my lawn, bluegrass mix also, had dips and valleys. i think the ground has settled where all the underground cables were buried. any way to correct this? the grass itself is doing well its just that you could turn an ankle in the yard because of the dips. the soil is mostly clay based ( hard to believe that the subdivision was built on old farm land. the builder dug the basements and sold all the good soil and replaced it with cheap fill.

could a sand or top soil be spread over the grass to help level it? does the yard need to be re-graded?

thanks in advance
  2. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Try topdressing the low areas with good quality topsoil before you do any grading. Not too much at once and make sure to rake it into the grass. You could do this a couple times a season if you don't use too much soil each time.