1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

uneven Lazer Z deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajy, May 8, 2003.

1. ajy

ajy LawnSite Member

I have a 60" Lazer Z and i need a little help getting the deck level. The machine cuts fairly even but the right front anti-scalp wheel digs into the turf when i cut at 2.5 inches and below. All the anti-scalp wheels should be 1/4 inch off the ground at the lowest setting. I used the exmark manual in an attempt to level the deck but i can't seem to get it.
    Anyway it's all messed up now. I was just hoping someone can guide me in the right direction.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A long and tedious operation. What year is your Lazer? Is it 2001 or newer? The reason I ask, is that the newer ones have a split lift rod in front that allows the corners to be lifted and adjusted independently. Otherwise, it has to go by the chainlink and armature support adjustment. The problem is, is when you lift one corner, such as the right front, the rear back has a tendency to drop. On the Lawnsite - Exmark forum, there are a few good threads on this, and Terry, I believe gives a detailed description of the step to go through to set these decks. Also, just FYI, there is a video available by Exmark that takes you through, step by step, on this adjustment procedure. Also included on this video, is every adjustment for every piece of Exmark equipment built. If you use the search feature, and enter the word "video, and search that forum, I'm sure you'll come up with the part # to that video rather easily. I hope this helps, and good luck to you.