1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Unexpected Bonus

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T-Bone, Feb 28, 2001.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone LawnSite Member

What is the most money you have found will say mowing one of your commercial accts.,maybe up against that fence on the back lot or laying next to the curb?

Just curious
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I think I found a dollar bill one time.

I've been anticipating that I would luck up and find a duffel bag stuffed full of hundreds from an abandoned drug transaction and live happily ever after. but no luck so far.

3. EROSS17

EROSS17 LawnSite Member

I cut a couple of Bowling alleys and I seem to find money every couple of weeks on their lawns. The most at one time was a $10 bill.
  4. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I found a $20 dollar bill last season at a car dealership that I cut. That was a plesant surprise.

5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

found a few dollar bills and a ten once. saw a guy come back with a shreded 50 (upon hearing the rest of the story found out it fell out of his own pocket and didnt see it untill it was too late) It was very funny to see him try to tape it back together though. The bank would not take it back. HA!
  6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunately the only goods that we find on Commercial/Industrial properties make our trucks look like Sanford&Son.

Does dead bodies count???

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i found a $5 bill on the ground one time, and then a $20 bill one time when i was cleaning out commercial vacuums at my dads car wash.
  8. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Over 13yrs I found maybe $40 altogether. My partner found $56 dollars at 1 time at a restauraunt while cleaning the beds. Such is life!
  9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I found a Fifty in the grass of a Hotel we service.
  10. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I found a $20 bill in the shrubs that I was trimming...That was great.