Uniform rentals

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bcg, Feb 18, 2009.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Those of you that rent uniforms, who do you get them from? I'm having a VERY hard time finding anyone that will rent us for whatever reason. We're in Houston, TX.

Thanks.

2. TRILAWNCARE

TRILAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

G&K Runs average $16.00 per man/week.

3. bcg

from Tx

G&K won't talk to us. They said we're nto a good fit because of our turnover and we're a landscaping company. Mind you, I've had the same guys for over a year and we dont' do landscaping, only cut grass and irrigation repairs. Bunch of jerks.

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

We use Cintas. No problems to report

5. TRILAWNCARE

TRILAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't suggest them anyway. But I don't know why they would care what your turnover is. They charge a setup charge (prep charge) per item for each new shirt or pants that you get. Even if they replace them because there worn out.

I have the insurance so if a shirt or pants get ruined, the item it is covered free, but they still charge a prep charge of $1.58 to iron a little tag on the pants. And for shirts its a prep charge of $1.50, then $2.00 for the name tag, and $2.25 for the company name patch.

They charge these fee's even if the shirt or pants is worn out. And sometimes you get a used shirt or pants in return. Which I think is BS. I'm renting the shirt, there only going to last so long. They tell me that a shirt should last on average of 24 months. But then you get a shirt that is half worn out, and you still paid the prep charges just like a new shirt. Then in a couple of months there usually all frayed around the collar and need to be replaced again, but they still charge anouther $5.75 + tax to replace it.

If you rip a shirt or tear a pair of pants they iron a big patch on it, and you go around looking like a bum. I usually rip or destroy my shirts to the point they can't be fixed when they look bad or they won't replace them. Here is one I gave a battery acid treatment to..... Like to see them fix that... :laugh: Opps forgot to get my foot in the picture....

MVC-031S.JPG

MVC-031S.JPG

6. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

I've used Cintas & Unifirst & would advise you to stay away. If you do use them, you must go over your weekly invoice with a fine toothed comb. They WILL throw in extra charges & do things like continue to bill you for employees that you told them to dtop... etc. Its cheaper to print them up yourself.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Get something colorful - skip the drab stuff

[​IMG]

8. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Here's two other choices, the first a very colorful look but maybe not so practical.

DEU0005.jpg

The second is what Boots sees:
    u11026665.jpg

DEU0005.jpg

u11026665.jpg

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Why would you want to rent thongs and tank tops? Can't cost too much to replace em if they are worn out. :)

I buy shirts for the guys, and they wash them. If they get ruined, I replace them. Not too difficult, but we are only three guys. If your guys are too careless or inconsiderate to take care of uniforms, I would be worried about the rest of your equipment.

10. bcg

from Tx

I used to buy shirts but the guys seem to think bleach is the all purpose stain remover. That's great if you're wasing white shirts but not so great with bright yellow cotton. They faded out terribly and the threads became so week they'd on last a few months at best. The other issue we had a lot of was "I didn't have time to do laundry last week." so guys showed up in dirty clothes. I HATE that. With rentals, I don't have to worry about them being washed improperly and there's no excuse for them to be dirty.

Cintas is telling me @ $10/wk per person. I figure I'll pay $5 and have them kick in $5, that way they have some investment in it so they try to not destroy them but it's still a lot cheaper than wearing their own clothes.