Uniform

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Kut N Edge, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Kut N Edge

Kut N Edge LawnSite Member

For those of you that have your business in uniform and all. What kind of work shirts do yall have? What shoes do yall wear? What kind of pants? Just curious and wanna have an idea on uniform. Thanks in advance to all replies.

2. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

We wear red polos with the company name on them, Cargo shorts or jeans, and work boots.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

If I were you I would concentrate my money on advertising. Uniforms are a waste of money at this point in the game for you... you will get a better ROI doing more advertising.... flyers, yellow pages, radio, website, or whatever.

4. dallas05

dallas05 LawnSite Member

I Would Focus On Advertising When Just Getting Started.with That Said I Would At Least Get Some Tshirts With Your Logo. Imo It Is Very Unproffesional To See A Yard Full Of Guys With Shirts Off,cut Off Sllevless Budweiser Shirts Etc... Personally We Use Unifirst Uniform Company It Is About $10 A Week Per Guy And I Just Take It Out Of Their Checks. My Guys Love Them.

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Uniforms have nothing to do with ROI, they have to do with image.

A good image will give you credibility. A bad image, well who knows what it will do.

Anyways to answer the question - I wear a company shirt, tan or brown khaki shorts, and boots.

6. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

t-shirt with company logo on front and back, colorful chef pants, steel toe shoes

7. Kut N Edge

Kut N Edge LawnSite Member

Wouldnt boots be really uncomfortable? Is there a certain brand of shirts?

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

When I am cutting I wear my company t-shirt and jeans. When i am meeting potential customers i wear a polo with my logo on it!

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I saw an LCO today consisting of 2 guys. They had on red t-shirts and hats / visor. It looked good.

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you sure they weren't wearing read capes:)