1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Uniforms/Dress Code

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Landis Logs, Apr 16, 2012.

1. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

The new guys get the T-shirts, the experienced guys get the polos.
    Pants are jeans with stains, boots are steel toed ONLY. :walking:

2. Lawn132012

Lawn132012 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Anything for pants/ shorts is fine for me but they need to look presentable. Shirts have to be the ones that I supply. I give all my workers 2 long sleeve, two short sleeve shirts and one sweat shirt. The way I look at it as it is advertising costs that I write off on taxes and the total cost is about $50 with the company I go through. They offer closeouts and things like that on shirts so the last time I ordered I got a really nice hooded sweatshirt for only $9.

The shorts/ pants I have been talking about getting those warm up pants (light weight) but I just did not want them to be getting ripped all the time. So we are still doing the tan pants or shorts as they are easy to find and being in the sun all day staying away from dark colors. Been talking about doing hats too but I think it may look a little cheap.

Does anyone have their guys wear company hats or no hats at all?
  3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Crocs, cutoffs and wife beaters. Be different. Make a statement.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a company hat, I dont require my guys to wear them but they do because they love their positions.
  5. sircurlsalot

sircurlsalot LawnSite Member

I wear shorts, a t-shirt from Nike that says "mow em down", and my camo Croc flip flops. Where I live, those black polos would be coming off at 9:30 in the morning from the 115 degree heat index.