Uniforms!!!!!!! Help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MIGreenscape, Jun 2, 2013.

1. MIGreenscape

MIGreenscape LawnSite Member
    from MI

Hi guys,
    Im currently thinking of replacing our uniforms with new colors:/ we are currently black button up and black shorts. Its tooo damn hotttttt for that anymore. It looks very professional but i cant do it anymore. Im thinking tan shirt and blue pants? Any suggestions? If you have examples or photos of your uniforms please post. im like a women trying to make this decision. Lol

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

We go with the safety orange company logo and the dark blue Dickie 874s....

3. StockmanLawnscape

StockmanLawnscape LawnSite Member

We have Khaki Dickies 874's and Irish Green T-Shirts, with managers having Kelly Green Polos with their names on them. Optional Khaki hats and matching brown belts....I'm picky like a woman when it comes to uniforms too haha

4. MIGreenscape

from MI

Well thanks, anyone have pics?

5. gcbailey

from WV

Horrible camera pic, but I'm too lazy to lay out a formal spread tonight...

We get our shirts from customink, like I said the 874 dark blue dickies, and I personally wear a Koppen grey 'No fly boonie' it has built in bug protection. You'd be really surprised at the difference just keeping the sun out of your face makes!

http://www.koppenoutdoor.com/products/view/no-fly-zone-boonie-12629349.html

DSCF9934 (2).JPG

6. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Tan shorts or regular car hartts with safety yellow cool max shirt with logo on left above pocket
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. MIGreenscape

from MI

I like that orange and blue. Looks good

8. gcbailey

from WV

ya it is a good contrast.... sudo UVA colors even though I'm a UM guy.... I don't care for the safety green, but we do a lot of roadside mowing and the orange stands out good.

9. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

At the beginning of the year, we were going with a uniform company called Unifirst uniform rental, you rent the shirts, and they wash them every week. my boss picked out hi-viz work shirts, and ordered the shirts plus patches, we were given temporary uniforms without patches while the real ones were being made.

The process took 2 months, and a ton of bullshit, my boss called the sales guy and bitched him out every other day about where his uniforms were, and the guy finally told him that because we do landscaping, we are too high of a liability for them, since they thought we would ruin shirts every week.

He told us to keep the temps, and that was the end of that.

10. soduniforms

soduniforms LawnSite Member

We sell a lot of tan pants. Light and very versatile, you can pick from a variety of colors to go with it. Light colors make it easier in the sun