Lawn Care Forum banner

Uniforms!!!!!!! Help

13K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  cpllawncare 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
Im currently thinking of replacing our uniforms with new colors:/ we are currently black button up and black shorts. Its tooo damn hotttttt for that anymore. It looks very professional but i cant do it anymore. Im thinking tan shirt and blue pants? Any suggestions? If you have examples or photos of your uniforms please post. im like a women trying to make this decision. Lol

#5 ·
#9 ·
At the beginning of the year, we were going with a uniform company called Unifirst uniform rental, you rent the shirts, and they wash them every week. my boss picked out hi-viz work shirts, and ordered the shirts plus patches, we were given temporary uniforms without patches while the real ones were being made.

The process took 2 months, and a ton of bull****, my boss called the sales guy and *****ed him out every other day about where his uniforms were, and the guy finally told him that because we do landscaping, we are too high of a liability for them, since they thought we would ruin shirts every week.

He told us to keep the temps, and that was the end of that.

#17 ·
Guess I'm not as picky as some of you. Our policy is our high vis orange t-shirts with logo on left chest and across the back, with long jeans and boots. Shorts are for going out in the evening, NOT working in lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

#18 ·
Guess I'm not as picky as some of you. Our policy is our high vis orange t-shirts with logo on left chest and across the back, with long jeans and boots. Shorts are for going out in the evening, NOT working in lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
My uniform idea (as I am still getting ready to open for business next summer) is the following:

I will have a company style hat (hey, they were free)
High vis green tee (custom designed for my business)
Pants (I prefer dark blue style jeans)
Boots

I am also picking up a set of steel "toe caps".

#19 ·
You won't need the steel toes, unless you plan on sticking your boots under the deck of the mower, I've even ran over my foot with my mower, not under the deck, (Don't ask) and no damage except a scuffed up boot LOL a good pr of regular boots will suffice fine, definitely not tennis shoes though.

#21 ·
In the winter we wear brown insulated work coveralls and parkas with the logo on the front and large on the back with a logo'd safety orange toque.

In the summer we wear safety yellow shirts (logo'd front and back) and fluorescent green baseball caps)
We also provide logo'd tan coloured spring coats and hoodies.

The only thing we leave to the individual is their pants... which we may re-visit.

#25 ·
Forget about pants its too costly, get T-shirt printed it will cost about $7-12 per shirt both sides.
Agreed. Buying pants is hard to keep up with and does get costly. That is why we switched to Cintas this year for pants and shirts. With the number of employees we have, it just made more sense. They get a rotation of 11 pair of pants and shirts, and we don't have to worry about them being clean since Cintas takes care of all that for us. Company pays half, employees pay half. Ends up costing company and employee about $10 per month each. Both sides are more than happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.