1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Uniforms!!!!!!! Help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MIGreenscape, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Mine is pretty common: hunter green polo shirt, and khaki cargo shorts. I think olive green shorts with a tan polo would look pretty sharp.
  2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

We have kelly green polos for mgmnt and t-shirts for hourly guys and tan shorts or dickies. We tried the dry-fit type shirts last year but they didn't holdup so we went back to cotton.
  3. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I HAD THE ORANGE FIRST!!! You're not allowed to have it.... everyone around here is wearing them now :/ They are great shirts though. You POP out where ever you go
  4. Southern Heritage

Southern Heritage LawnSite Member

We where t shirts with our logos. I don't require a particular pair of pants as long as they don't have holes.
  5. GrassBarber

GrassBarber LawnSite Member

Tan is a good color, however, I prefer a bright color for attention and safety like a bright yellow or gold. In addition, just about any color scheme you want to put on those colors really stand out and is great for advertisement, makes people look twice. It has worked for me.
  6. mclarke

mclarke LawnSite Member

I am in the process of ordering some tees, here is what I am looking at. Still working on a few rough drafts. If you are wondering I am going thru "www.customink.com"

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Guess I'm not as picky as some of you. Our policy is our high vis orange t-shirts with logo on left chest and across the back, with long jeans and boots. Shorts are for going out in the evening, NOT working in lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. mclarke

mclarke LawnSite Member

My uniform idea (as I am still getting ready to open for business next summer) is the following:

I will have a company style hat (hey, they were free)
    High vis green tee (custom designed for my business)
    Pants (I prefer dark blue style jeans)

I am also picking up a set of steel "toe caps".
  9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

You won't need the steel toes, unless you plan on sticking your boots under the deck of the mower, I've even ran over my foot with my mower, not under the deck, (Don't ask) and no damage except a scuffed up boot LOL a good pr of regular boots will suffice fine, definitely not tennis shoes though.
  10. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

That's another good reason why we should mow high...