uniforms? should i?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 26, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well, for my uniforms, everyone usually has jeans and a white shirt or gray shirt. well i like to be different, and stick out from other locos. my truck is red with yellow hood and yellow stripes, with yellow lettering, and my trailer is red, and all my lawn equipment is red execpt for my echos and stihls.

sooooo. what i was thinking is.... having my uniform be yellow pants and red shirt. i know it would look goofy, but it'd also stand out from others.

2. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't those colors attract bees?
    I'm trying to figure out what colors I should use.

The red should go good with yellow letters. maybe white...
    The yellow pants, umm how yellow like hustler yellow or a dockers yellowish beige?

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

yellow like hustler

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Our trucks are red with red and white signs so in the summer we wear kahaki shorts and red tee shirts with the company info screened on using the same fonts as the truck signs in large on the back small on the front.

5. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

My beloved United States Marine Corps wears red (scarlet) shorts and yellow (gold) t-shirts during physical training.
    Nobody talks trash about them!

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say go for it, anything looks better than dressing like a dirtbag!!

7. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I like earth tones. I will dress like a dirt bag.

8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, whatever floats your boat !

9. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry little river, by dirtbag I meant unkept slob type person or "bum"....Nuthin wrong with earthtones, I like em' myself.

10. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i've been considering making my guys wear capes and a crown being that I'm THE KING LANDSCAPING.
    I'd probally never do that but it would be funny and draw a lot of attention to my business.

but seriously i think my crew stands out from most because all of the other Lawn Care business mow in raggy clothes and/or no shirt and we usally rock the Polo shirts unless it's over 100 degress and nice kacky short or pants.