uniforms what do you wear?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Mar 8, 2001.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i have my company wear jeans always. t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt, and sweatshirt. all with my company name and phone #. how about you guys?

2. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

We do the same thing except no phone #
    on the shirts, really don't see a need for
    the phone #to be on the shirts, it is on all other advertizing.
    crew wears jeans (shorts or long pants)
    I wear tan pants to set me apart from the crews.
    Sometimes that not a good thing.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Jeans and embroidered company shirt. Creme color with forest green collars and sleeve bands. During the hot weather we wear Kacky colored shorts or a somewhat darker or medium green canvas type shorts - cargo style.

4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

greg and runner you guys have never hit yourself in the leg with i trimmer in shorts? i know thats why i stay with the jeans. plus i hate the feeling of grass on my legs.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I think comfort should be a major factor in choosing what you wear.

For us, long sleeves are just too hot. And jeans just do not seem to give and move as easy as khakis.

So it is t-shirts with our names on them and khakis for Matt, shorts for me.

6. CommercialCuts

CommercialCuts LawnSite Member
    from Mo

Company Name and persons name, light green with dark green stripes. Shorts or jeans, must be clean, no religious wear.

7. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

Nope...can't say I have ever hit myself with the
    weed whipper but have caught a stone or two in the
    legs but not very often. We also wear work boots 6" or 8" high, and steel toed
    Some people don't like them but its a safety thing with
    me.
    Shorts are just alot cooler!

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Once in a while. Try W.E.Chapps. They have these great chaps - easy on easy off with velcro. Padded shin protectors and keeps your legs AND shoes clean from grass.

9. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

jeans and embroiderd polo ...sometimes we wear shorts but prefer long pants for the protection

10. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Your legs get used to the dings and dents from flying debris. Unless of course its lava rock. OUCH! We wear shorts (when its warm enough) Black jeans (when its cold) Grey shirts with company name. and in the cold the forest green car-hart coat with our name. and of course we have long sleeve shirts for pest. apps.