1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Uniforms - where to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kelly & Sons, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Kelly & Sons

Kelly & Sons LawnSite Member

Do any of you purchase uniforms (basically just shirts) online? Where are some good places to check out? I don't need anything fancy, just something to work in, but I want to have something with company logo/name on it... thanks in advance...

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking right now for the same thing.
    for just a few, maybe 6-12, you really can't beat some Ebay sellers. just search for "custom shirts" and look them up.
    pretty cheap, when you consider set-up charges and screens etc.

for short runs, this is what I would do.
    For larger sized companies and orders, there's probably other options, but this is what I am also going to do.

Another thing to check is local shops in your area. I checked into mine, but couldn't compare to the price on Ebay.

Good luck

3. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a shop in my neck of the woods that does custom embroidery. They have a catalog that you can pick out anything you want to have you logo put on. Shirts, sweatshirts, t-shirts, jackets ect... Their prices are reasonable. I'm sure you can find the same type of place where you live too. Whats nice is I can actually see what I'm buying before I have them made up.

4. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Do a yahoo search for "custom t-shirts" I did the same and designed my own t-shirts at I believe at customink.com

5. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

Try WearGuard An Aramark company There a little pricey
    but very good stuff

www.weargurad .com
    800-388-3300

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Check with local screen print/embroidery businesses, I have found that local guys are cheaper and easy to deal with.

7. wear gaurd does a good job

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

You can also check with Cintas uniform company. I get a few things from them each year.

www.cintas.com

9. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I use a local graphic company. My shirts are khaki color with letering in green and maroon. I had to order 24 minimum. They cost about $5.15 each. Hats same color were about $4.50 each minimum 12. Sweatshirts same colors minimum 12 were $17 each.

10. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

www.foxconcepts.com

great quality work, great prices and professional to deal with. I use them for everything I do in my lawn business and my bands promo items and shirts etc.!

I can take care of pricing and everthing for you or you can email them direct. Tell them brad sent ya!

Or you can email me at greenturf@jaj.com